If I don't have an online social networking presence does that mean I don't exist?

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Week 5 - Blogging

Oh my! I have missed a couple of weeks of blogging!  Not a good idea, for a couple of reasons.  Firstly if you don't keep information current on the internet then it gets forgotten and people stop following :(  Oh well, I shall have to work harder at this now.  In particular this week (although it is already Thursday) is all about blogging.

I am writing this particular post as I peruse my way through the online learning material...and there it is...the phrase I have totally ignored for the last 2 weeks "a weblog differs from a simple static HTML homepage in that the content is (ideally) updated regularly".


So what makes up a blog...hmmm let me see, ah yes, some basic key components are:


1.  Must be in chronological order - yep, this site does that for me (no need to think for myself)
2.  Generally seen as an open narrative form - hmmm, I am working on that, no one has commented directly on anything I have written as yet :(
3.  Regularity - okay this is the hard part....must remember to blog!


RSS, Comments, Blog Rolls, Permalinks  geez!  I have some work to do!

Well, this is a personal blog...which to be honest is a little bit like talking to no one in particular about the random thoughts that are floating around in my head as I read my study material, I am getting used to this now.

I can't wait to read more about blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment